Citrix launched today the new XenServer with code name Midnight Ride. This version is still a beta one and Citrix decided to make it available for download and testing through it’s Beta Program. As a participant in the Beta Program, you’ll play a critical role in helping the XenServer product team develop and deliver the next edition of the product and provide valuable insight for enhancements in future releases.
This new version of XenServer—the industry’s only fully capable, free virtual infrastructure solution—and Essentials for XenServer boasts many significant enhancements, including:
- Granular role-based access controls within XenCenter
- Dynamic memory control and overcommit
- Enhanced snapshots, including full system state and one-click revert
- Administrative logging and audit reports
- Automation for workload balancing
- Host power management
- StorageLink site recovery for business continuity
- Enhanced CPU compatibility for XenMotion
You can also evaluate the advanced management capabilities in Essentials for XenServer by downloading the Evaluation Virtual Appliance to enable Dynamic Workload Balancing, Provisioning Services and StorageLink in a single, pre-configured environment and utilize all the added features include in Essentials for XenServer, Enterprise Edition.
Related articles in Internet
- Security in the virtualised world (go.theregister.com)
- esXpress VMware Backup Free Download (web2.sys-con.com)
- Microsoft Desktop Virtualization Hour – March 18th at 9am PST (blogs.technet.com)