Wireshark 1.2.0 has been released and it’s available for download. This is suppose to be a major release according to the developer’s website, as the previous version is 1.0.8. Some new features, from the official Wireshark website, regarding the new version you can find below:
New and Updated Features
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 1.0:
- Wireshark has a spiffy new start page.
- Display filters now autocomplete.
- A 64-bit Windows (x64) installer is now provided.
- Support for the c-ares resolver library has been added. It has many advantages over ADNS.
- Many new protocol dissectors and capture file formats have been added (see below for a complete list).
- Macintosh OS X support has been improved.
- GeoIP database lookups.
- OpenStreetMap + GeoIP integration.
- Improved Postscript® print output.
- The preference handling code is now much smarter about changes.
- Support for Pcap-ng, the next-generation capture file format.
- Support for process information correlation via IPFIX.
- Column widths are now saved.
- The last used configuration profile is now saved.
- Protocol preferences are changeable from the packet details context menu.
- Support for IP packet comparison.
- Capinfos now shows the average packet rate.
- GTK1 is no longer supported. (Yes, this is a feature.)
- Official Windows packages are now built using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1.
New Protocol Support
Anything in Anything Protocol, ATM PW, N-to-one Cell Mode, B.A.T.M.A.N. Layer 3 Protocol, BACnet MS/TP, BSS LCS Assistance Protocol, Canon BJNP, CESoPSN basic NxDS0 mode (no RTP support), Charging ASE, Cimetrics MS/TP, DECT Protocol, Digital Private Signalling System No 1 Link Layer, DOCSIS Mac Domain Description, DOCSIS Registration Request Multipart, DOCSIS Registration Response Multipart, DOCSIS Synchronisation Message, E100 Encapsulation, EHS, Enhanced Variable Rate Codec, Ethernet Global Data, Ethernet PW, Exchange 2003 Directory Request For Response, Far End Failure Detection, FCoE Initialization Protocol, GOOSE, GPEF, GPRS Tunneling Protocol V2, GSM A-I/F COMMON, GSM A-I/F GPRS Mobility and Session Management, GSM SACCH, GSM Um Interface, HDLC PW, FR port mode (no CW), HDLC-like framing for PPP, IEC 60870-5-104,Apci, IEC 60870-5-104,Asdu, IEEE 802.15.4 Low-Rate Wireless PAN non-ASK PHY, IEEE C37.118 Synchrophasor Protocol, Intelligent Platform Management Interface (Session Wrapper), Inter-Integrated Circuit, Internal TDM, IPSICTL, ISMACryp Protocol, iWARP Direct Data Placement and Remote Direct Memory Access Protocol, iWARP Marker Protocol data unit Aligned framing, Kontiki Delivery Protocol, LANforge Traffic Generator, Layer 1 Event Messages, Lb-I/F BSSMAP LE, LeCroy VICP, Link Access Procedure, Channel Dm (LAPDm), Local Download Sharing Service, LTE Radio Resource Control (RRC) protocol, MAC-LTE, Memcache Protocol, Mesh Header, MP4V-ES, Nasdaq TotalView-ITCH, Nasdaq-SoupTCP version 2.0, NAT Port Mapping Protocol, Netdump Protocol, Non-Access-Stratum (NAS)PDU, PacketLogger, Paltalk Messenger Protocol, PDCP-LTE, PW Associated Channel Header, PW Ethernet Control Word, PW Frame Relay DLCI Control Word, PW MPLS Control Word (generic/preferred), Real-Time Publish-Subscribe Wire Protocol 2.x, Remote Packet Capture, RLC-LTE, SAToP (no RTP support), SERCOS III V1.1, SIMULCRYPT Protocol, Subnetwork Dependent Convergence Protocol XID, Teamspeak2 Protocol, TTEthernet, TTEthernet Protocol Control Frame, Turbocell Aggregate Data, Turbocell Header, TURN Channel, Unreliable Multicast Inter-ORB Protocol, VCDU, Wave Short Message Protocol(IEEE P1609.3), Wireless Access Station Session Protocol, Wireshark Expert Info, World of Warcraft, Xpress Transport Protocol, ZigBee Application Framework, ZigBee Application Support Layer, ZigBee Device Profile, ZigBee Encapsulation Protocol, ZigBee Network Layer, Zipped Inter-ORB Protocol, ZRTP
New Capture File Support
Apple Bluetooth PacketLogger, Daintree’s Sensor Network Analyzer, dct3trace, Pcap-NG, TNEF (yes, those silly winmail.dat attachments)
You can download the last version from the official Wireshark download page